Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012

Today was a very long day; it seemed to just go on and on and on. People warned me that sometimes days seem to stretch on forever, but I hadn’t really noticed that until today. The funny thing is that The Speaker was even feeling the longness of today. We exchanged knowing glances as he passed my desk all day, then at the end of the day he promised me it would get more exciting, "no worries, Ali" (he knows my name:) Even though the schedule today was completely full of people coming in and out to see the speaker, the time in between their arrivals seemed infinite. The majority of people coming in today were diffrent representatives, including the Republican Leadership guys who come in for a breif meetng every day. Today Eric Cantor Shook my hand and talked to me for a couple moments, I guess that makes us friends now.. right? The big guest of the day was country music star, Glen Campbell. I had the opportunity of walking him from our office to Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s office. Glen suffers from Alzheimer’s and him, along with his family, advocate for Alzheimer’s awareness. On our walk over I even snapped a picture with him, too cool!! As the day moved along I made copies and distributed mail… exciting. Later, my buddy Mike gave me a hat that matched my dress and says Obama Care on it, so I wore it home on the train.. Unfortunately when I got on my first train the only open seat was next to a big guy wearing a well worn tee shirt that saying "Obama Heath Care Reform 2012". I stood up for that ride... Tonight should be an early night, I am utterly exhausted. I look forward to hitting the pool and getting a tan as dark as Speaker Boehners' this weekend.

God Bless America,

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment