I spent the Fourth of July (best holiday ever🇺🇸) watching fireworks and the "Capitol Hill Fourth" concert on the Speaker's balcony with my friends, Congressmen and VIP guests of Speaker Boehner. Listening to Neil Diamond preform "Sweet Caroline" at the concert was absolutely amazing! The image of the National Mall light up under the dazzling fireworks that night will be forever ingrained in my memory. My friends kept reminding me that this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I continuously assured them that there is no such thing as once-in-a-lifetime experience if they continue to hang out with the right people ;)
Tuesday, I helped the press team at a GOP press conference. I held the microphone while the reporters asked hard hitting questions. You can watch the press conference at http://www.speaker.gov/video/boehner-if-businesses-get-relief-obamacare-rest-america-should-too and imagine my head right below the camera (unfortunately you can't see it):
I also helped print and send a letter to the president! (I can't really tell you what it was about, though)
The House Republican Conference has hosting a lectures series where members of the Republican Leadership address and have an open forum with the Summer interns. Last week the speaker was Paul Ryan and this week it was Eric Cantor! I got this picture right off Vice Chairman Lyn Jenkins' twitter page! (I know, I'm basically famous). Sometimes working in The Speaker's office has it's perks, like sitting front row.
But really, the highlight of my week was when Speaker Boehner walked past my desk to leave the office and said to me, "Okay Ali, I'm leaving you in control". Since then he hasn't asked for the control back, so watch out everyone.. I'm basically still the third most power person in the country.
God Bless America,
Ali








No comments:
Post a Comment