Today was literally such a good day, I don't even have words to describe how great it truly was! Everything is perfect, I have my own desk in the TACC (Tom Andrews Communications Center), where I get to feel super important. Everyone continually told me today was a super boring day, because congress was not in session, but honestly just being there, even on a slow day, is beyond cool! I learned all the interesting ropes of making coffee and keeping various fridges stocked with pop and water. I met SO many people, who I am afraid name's may escape me until I meet them one or two more times, but I will learn them all soon. And I even made friends with some security guards. All the people I met have been soo nice and the people I will be working closely with are SUPER nice, and in my opinion, might already like me! How exciting! I found people to play golf with while I'm here, in and out of the office (we have a putting green in the office, lol). All in all, the highlight of the day was following along with a tour another intern was giving to the Chief Of Staff and Lieutenant General from Panama, where my two years of Spanish 1 knowledge really came in handy. After running papers all over the Capitol and to more offices across the street I realized new, tight shoes probably weren't the best idea. But, after such a great day, who cares! If I'm smart, I'll grab a couple bandages before leaving on Monday morning. After an exciting day my dad, the Rodgers (the great family I am staying with) and I went into Baltimore for a great dinner! My dad leaves tomorrow morning, then I am pretty much on my own! Freedom! Hopefully I will get to take a look at John Hopkins University while I'm dropping him off at the airport near there, which means another early morning!
Goodnight and God Bless America,
Ali



No comments:
Post a Comment