Monday, May 14, 2012

I Got Promoted!!

This morning I started by making tons of coffee and sorting through mail. From there, me and my main boy Teddy set off to the Cannon building to get my official Capitol ID. This turned into more of a chore then it needed to be when we got there and realized I had forgotten my license, which they needed to create my ID. After running back and fourth about 3 times I finally had my (awfully photographed) ID in hand! When I walked back into the office my boss, Tommy, gave me some good news... He told me I was already being promoted!! How exciting! I now have a desk directly outside The Speaker's office where I get to talk to and accommodate those who come to have meetings with The Speaker, get his lunch each day, and a few more simple things. The job may not sound like much, but at this rate I should be the President by the end of these 3 weeks!! Tomorrow will be my first day of working when congress is in session. According to everyone I have talked to, everything gets WAY more exciting when congress is in session. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

God Bless America,
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment