Today my dad and I set off for the city. We did everything just like I will do for a normal day going to the Capitol. We found the fastest train route, but unfortunately we came to the sad realization that my commute will probably take about two hours. Once we finally got there we had lunch and went on a tour of Catholic University. It was a simple yet super tiring day. Catholic's campus was gorgeous. I am so excited for tomorrow!!
God Bless America,
Ali



I'm very happy that you made it safely and that you are looking forward to your first "intern" day in the speaker's office. that should be interesting and fun; I hope you enjoy politics.
ReplyDeleteONe question: with a 2 hour commute, will you have time to really get much done? I don't know their hours, although they do work at night sometimes. Will your hours be flexible or will you be "leaving" at the same time each evening.
Otherwise, I'm glad all is well. Keep us posted.
Dr. Smith
Thanks Dr. Smith, and I do enjoy politics! I will typically be working 9am-5pm days when congress is out of session, but when they are in session I will have to get in earlier, and probably stay later. Really the hours seem pretty flexible and will probably constantly be changing depending on what has to be done on any given day. The 2 hour commute just means me waking up earlier, and getting home later sometimes.
Delete