Friday, June 1, 2012

LAST DAY ...it's over...

I can't believe today was my last day working in the Speaker's office. Luckily I went out with an unbelievably good day. I woke up extra early this morning and got to the office before anyone else so I could put everyone's cards and gifts on their desk before they got there. Everyone really liked their cards and the ladies loved their flowers. I went to watch a press conference which was so so cool. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my phone with me to take pictures. But! If you see a clip of the conference on TV, the Speaker does a little head nod/ half smile thing to the crowd... That was at me!! I'm basically famous. Later, I took the Speaker his lunch on the house floor while they were in session. My second debut on c-span of the day! Score!





























At the end of the day, Speaker Boehner thanked me for the sleeve of golf balls and card I gave him. He also said he would take me up on my offer to play a round of golf next time he comes to Cleveland. Well, not next time, because he is going there tonight! Once the Speaker left for the day the whole staff went out on the second balcony (yes, the speaker has 2 balconies!) and relaxed after a long week.

After I said my goodbyes, I was told that I could come back and intern again/ work here in the future. My goodbyes all turned in to see you laters! For some reason though when I walked out of the Capitol for the last time today it brought a few tears to my eyes. I now understand how people fall in love with stuff so quickly because I have fallen completely in love with what I did here these last 3 weeks. I am so sad that I have to go back Cleveland. It is such a disappointing place compared to DC. This entire experience has honestly been the coolest thing I have done in my entire life. Now I just have to count down the seconds until I can make my return!!!

Until my next internship...
God Bless America,
Ali

Ps.  I have a jam packed summer that promises excitement. I will be golfing on North Coast Junior Tour yet again this summer. I have been working on my game a lot in the off season, so hopefully that will pay off. I am also working in Congressmen Steve LaTourette's Painesville office once a week and continuing to volunteer with the autistic boy I've told you about. This will all be in the midst of working as the pro-shop attendant at Kirtland Country Club and continuing to be a Senior caddy there. I will also be spending one week being a team leader at Vacation Bible School at St. Gabes and spending another week and a women's leadership conference in Connecticut. I will probably not sleep this summer and I may go a little crazy, but it will all be in good fun. This will be my first summer with my license and a little freedom, so I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment