(This is called the Red Tape Tower and you can follow this stack of regulations on twitter @theredtapetower)
This over three-hundred pound document is really a drag, I can tell you from experience. A few other Interns and I had the pleasure of moving it around today between meeting rooms in the Capitol complex. The stress I felt carrying the document is nothing compared to the stress the American people will be feeling when the act goes in to full effect at the end of the year.
Also today, I watched Speaker Boehner swear in our newest Congressman, Sanford (R-SC). I only caught the end of the ceremony because I was busy doing very important / top secret things back in the office. Rest assured I will be on the Hill long enough, now and in future years, to see more swearing in ceremonies. I caught the end of a press conference with The Speaker and other Republican Leadership today, too. These are always so interesting to watch! [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cIzrjM_7Ssk ]
More exciting news, today was The Speaker's first day in the office since I've been back and he totally remembered who I was!! First thing this morning he walked down the hallway toward my desk and said to me, "well, well, well; look whose back! I am very excited you're working with us again this summer, Ali" (yeah we're basically bffs, nbd)
Tomorrow I am planning on going to my first committee hearing- yay!
God Bless America,
Ali

That is crazy how long the Affordable Care Act is. I never really thought about how long the laws really are. I kind of surprised the government did not digitize the law, to be green, save paper, that type of thing. It sound's really exciting what you are doing in Washington D.C., getting involved in the political system and all.
ReplyDelete