Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

It was really fun having the long Memorial Day weekend, but sad because it is one less day I get to spend working on the Hill. I officially only have 4 days left and I am literally SO sad! I am going to miss this place so much! I promised myself I will return soon! Since the last time I posted I have actually been super busy. Friday was a really slow day in the office, most people left by noon. But, at noon I had a tour of the Capitol Dome! It was so so cool! After going up 300+ steps, the view is amazing! The visible Dome from the outside isn't actually the original dome, there is an old dome and a new dome built on top of it. The first spot you stop as you climb to the top of the dome is at the top of the Rotunda ceiling. Once you go up another 100 steps you are outside on top of the entire building and the view is INCREDIBLE. Such a cool experience.

Saturday morning I woke up at the crack of dawn, yet again, to go on a tour of the White House. It was so cool that I can say I'v been in the White House ... Where I'll live someday. Haha. Then Monday I went and visited the Johns Hopkins and Loyola of Maryland campus'. Both were very pretty and nice. Loved them.

After those big things I spent the rest of the weekend swimming, tanning, golfing and honoring our veterans. I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

God Bless America,
Ali

1 comment:

  1. Totally creeping right now...
    This looks like so much fun Ali! :) It's really cool you get a peek at the inner workings of our gov. And a White House tour, you're getting places!! ;)
    Have a great rest of your internship. See ya at Hawken in a few!
    -A. Prybs

    ReplyDelete